edwardsville art center
on the campus of
Edwardsville High School
2011 - 2012
- Opened April 4, 2011; exterior doors completed June 2011.
- Sculpture garden being developed; three (3) sculptures on site; major improvements and installations scheduled for May 2012.
- Have had 7,000 visitors, averaging 300 persons on opening night events.
- Nine (9) major exhibitions in Gallery since opening.
- Fourteen (14) exhibitions of student work in Student Gallery, including all district schools, SIUE students, and Special Exhibits.
- Exhibited nationally known regional and local artists.
- Partnered with Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Museums and EHS English classes to present “Art of Asia,” priceless works from the SIUE collections; another event - “Pre-Columbian Art” – is scheduled for 2013.
- Partnered with Edwardsville YMCA and Edwardsville Public Library for classes and exhibitions.
- Conducted evening adult art classes at EHS.
- Conducted summer art classes for children in partnership with the YMCA at Liberty Middle School.
- Conducted teacher workshops in partnership with COCA Center Of Creative Arts in St. Louis and the St. Louis Art Museum.
- St. Louis Art Museum officials said about the EAC: “We’re jealous of such a wonderful and flexible space located in a school.”
- We are a 501(c)3 organization and receive no tax money; we operate independently from, but under the good graces of District 7.