Edwardsville Community Schools
Community Unit School District No. 7
Board of Education Meeting on . . . May 29, 2007
1. Approved minutes of the regular meeting held on May 14, 2007.
2. Approved minutes of the public hearing held on May 7, 2007
3. Approved minutes of the special meeting held on May 7, 2007
4. Approved personnel recommendations. (See attached)
5. Approved May bills.
6. Approved Change Order #2 Sports Complex Football & Soccer Field Bleacher
Replacement-2006/2007 Health Life Safety Project
7. Approved Change Order #3 Sports Complex Football & Soccer Fields Bleacher
Replacement-2006/2007 Health Life Safety Project
8. Approved Resolution Providing for the Issue of Not to Exceed $105,000,000
9. Approved Resolution Authorizing and Directing the Execution of an Escrow
Agreement in Connection with the
10. Approved Award of Site Rough Grading and Utility Package-Bid Package A1
11. Approved Award of Building Infrastructure Improvements 2007 Health Life
Safety – Generator Projects
12. Approved to Adopt a Resolution Authorizing Approval Limits for District 7’s
13. Approved May Life Safety Bills
14. Discussion: Dr. Hightower, Superintendent discussed the proposed changes to the
2007-2008 District 7 Handbook.
15. Information: none
Next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be …
Monday, June 18, 2007 at
I. DISCUSSION ITEMS
has been subbing as Head Cook at
2. Darren Montgomery; has been subbing as a Maintenance Worker for the District since May 17, 2007. When he is hired in the same position this date will serve as the official date of employment by District 7 with respect to the above contractual legislative requirements.
II. ACTION ITEMS FOR 2006-2007
A. It is recommended that the following classified employees’ resignation be accepted:
Stevenson; 7 hour Program Assistant,
Leming; 7 hour Program Assistant,
7 hour Program Assistant,
Traband; 7 hour Program Assistant,
Sawyer; 4 hour Cafeteria Worker,
B. It is recommended that the following classified candidates be employed:
1. Cheri Crowder; 7.5 hour Head Cook, Woodland Elementary School; Step 4, $10.49 per hour including stipends; effective May 30, 2007.
2. Darren Montgomery; 8 hour Maintenance Worker, District; Step 5, $12.40 per hour; effective May 30, 2007.
3. Joann Marti; 8 hour Evening Custodian, Woodland Elementary School; Step 1, $10.20 per hour; effective June 1, 2007.
4. Sarah Zook; 8 hour Roving Custodian; District Buildings; Step 1, $10.20 per hour including evening stipend; effective June 13, 2007.
C. It is recommended that the following certified employee’s resignation be accepted:
Simmons; Second Grade Teacher,
Davidson; Music Teacher,
Carmitchel; Elementary Spanish Teacher,
D. It is recommended that the following certified employees’ retirement date be approved:
1. Debra McNabney; Science Teacher, Lincoln Middle School; retiring at the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
2. John Hoenig; Second Grade Teacher, Hamel Elementary School; retiring at the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
E. It is recommended that the following persons
be approved for working in Summer School or the
Estefanita Akins John Edwards Kathy Miller
Pam Alford Tina Evans Barbara Mueller
Deb Atwood Sue Goebel Linda Owens
Michelle Baer Linda Graf Jennifer Richard
Karen Bertels Kimberly Grebel Heather Rothe
Katie Bevis Yvonne Halleman Gabrielle Rozycki
DeAnn Boivin Caryl Hampton Mandie Schulte
Emilee Bussmann Sharon Houston Stacey Schulte
Brenda Campbell Kimberly Isom Linda Shive
Bernadette Canuel Aleasa Jasper Hortenisa Smith
Lora Connor Dana Kabbes Christa Stiening
Jane Crum Emily Kates Pam Strausbaugh
Karen Davis Jeannette Kromway William Traband
Toisonga Davis Laura Laswell Debra Turner
Erna Dean Melinda Matlock Patricia Wilson
Sharon Decker Marilyn McLauchlan Janet Wiltshire
Pamela Dillon Sandra Meyer Janice Zelasko
Desiree Downs Linda Morrissey Stephanie Menedez
Kelly Ackermann Amy Green Travis Pate
Wendy Adams Tanya Guell Kevin Paur
Scot Ambuel Becky Guyton Abby Puastian
Brian Arteberry Sarah Haider Cara Perkins
Keith Baker Pam Harmon Brooke Quattlander
Sarah Bardelmeier Chris Head Angela Rhymer
Kelly Bernaix Vickie Hellmann Pam Richards
Camee Ceyers Amy Herman Teresa Riddle
Kimberly Baker Freddie Holtmann Erica Rovey
Lisa Bieri Katie Horvath Marcy Savoie
Stacy Brase Jessica Ivie Sarah Scherer
Lynn Brown Joyce Jellen Donna Schon
Sarah Brown Beth
Alana Bussmann Emily Johnston Serene
Jennifer Carter Dennis Joyce Linda Shields
Cindy Cassens-Mickle Sairee Knabe Angie Simmons
Tiffany Conover Tresa LaBoube Jeanene Singleton
Judy Cullen Kristen Landry RyAnn Spann
John Cunningham Corrie Laux Jennifer Sparks
Mary Daniels Vivecca LeAnder Kathie Sproull
Vickie DeGiacinto Brianne Lilly Barbara Stevenson
Katie Dierkes Mary Linafelter Amy Stoner
Beth Duncan Wendy
Meghan Dyer Kim Masinelli Joi Svezia
Cody Ellermeyer Beth Maue Catherine Traynor
Carla Fink Deana McCormick Connie Vaitekunas
Shelley Forsythe Shanyra McGlown Cindi Voss
Jennifer Fowler Robert McNeill Addie Washington
Erin Foley Patty Miller Lindsey Watts
Sandy Fultz Tom Oller Tonya Whitsell
Brian Gabel Cindy Ostrander Carol Wilkerson
Jeff Gall Barb Paris Lealia Williams
Jill Gibson Judy Parker Cindy Wyatt
II. ACTION ITEMS FOR 2007-2008
A. It is recommended that the following certified candidates be employed:
1. Jennifer Peterson; Social Worker Intern for the District; $12,000 annual salary; effective for the 2007-2008 school year.
2. Stacey Ritter; Vocal Music Teacher, Edwardsville High School; Masters, Step 3, $40,592 annual salary; effective August 20, 2007.
Schickedanz; Guidance Counselor,
4. Shelly Bell; Permanent Substitute Teacher, Elementary; Bachelor, Step 1, $34,400 annual salary; effective August 20, 2007.
5. Melanie Haroian; Vocal Music Teacher; Lincoln Middle School; Bachelor, Step 1, $34,400 annual salary; effective August 20, 2007.
B. It is recommended that the following persons be approved for stipends as listed:
(See attached lists)