District 7 Kid Zone Program 2016-17
News and Notes
THE DEADLINE FOR 2016-17 KID ZONE REGISTRATION IS AUGUST 5, 2016 TO START ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, AUGUST 16, 2016.
District 7 Kid Zone is pleased to provide quality and affordable before
and after school programming at nine elementary sites in the Edwardsville
Community Unit School District 7, where learning is fun! Our programs provide
families with a safe and nurturing place for their children to engage actively
in enriching activities during the before and after school hours and on days
when school is not in session.
Kid Zone offers both before and after school beginning with the first day of
student attendance and ending on the last day of student attendance.
Students may register for both the AM and PM sessions or for the AM or PM
only. Pricing is based upon a flat weekly rate regardless of the number of
Kid Zone offers enrichment-based and recreational programs for students in grades K-5. Our activities are designed to stretch your child's imagination, spark a sense of curiosity and wonder, strengthen social and physical development skills, and create new friendships.
Before School: Students will have a choice of quiet, table top
activities such as board games, cards, LEGOS, reading, drawing/coloring upon
arrival. An organized recreational activity will be scheduled each day that
may occur either indoor or outdoor depending upon the weather. Breakfast is
available between 8:30-8:45 a.m. for purchase (Please contact the
District 7 Food Service at 656-1182 for prices, payment procedures, and
After School: Snack and a drink are provided during the PM
session. We encourage all students to participate in the recreation activity
before choosing one of the specialized activity stations in the PM session.
Activity stations may include science, technology, literacy,
social/recreational games, building challenges, or arts/crafts. There is a
designated homework time for students. Staff is available to assist as
needed with homework, but this time is not to be considered a 1:1 tutoring
Hours and Site Locations
Kid Zone operates from 6:30-8:45 a.m. and 3:30-6:00 p.m. at the following
- Albert Cassens Elementary (618) 655-6151
- Columbus Elementary (618) 692-1227
- Goshen Elementary*** (618) 655-6251
- Glen Carbon Elementary (618) 692-7462
- Hamel Elementary* (618) 692-7464
- Leclaire Elementary (618) 692-7433
- Midway Elementary* (618) 655-6615
- Nelson Elementary (618) 655-6424
- Woodland Elementary** (618) 655-6969
*Students attending Worden Elementary have the option to utilize either Hamel or
Midway based upon their primary residence location.
**Woodland site provides service for Full Day sessions and Inclement Weather
Site phone numbers are available if parents need to reach staff before 7:30 a.m.
or after 4:30 p.m. when the school office phone line is closed.
***Little Kid Zone is offered to preschool aged students enrolled in the
District 7 Preschool Academy. Little Kid Zone operates with the
following hours: 6:30-9:00 a.m. and/or 3:30-6:00 p.m.
- Program is limited to K-5 students who are enrolled
in District 7 schools.
- Little Kid Zone is limited to students enrolled in
- Students must be toilet-trained.
Daily Arrival and Departure
- Parents are required to escort students into the
Kid Zone site.
- Parents must use the designated Kid Zone site
- Parents are required to sign in students on the
daily attendance sheet.
- Parents will also be asked to mark the Daily
Breakfast sheet upon arrival.
- Parents will have three options: Yes, eating breakfast, No, not eating breakfast, or Kid’s Choice.
- Parents are required to sign out students on the
daily attendance sheet.
- Kid Zone staff is not allowed to release children
from activity groups, from the playground, or bring them out to a parent's
- Parents and Authorized Pick-Up Designees:
- Must be listed on the Emergency Contact Sheet
- Be 18 or older
- Required to show photo identification
- Persons not listed will not be allowed to sign out a
child without prior notice to the Kid Zone office.
All changes to the Emergency Contact Form must be done through the Kid Zone office beginning in 2016-17.
Sites and School Office staff will not have the ability to make any changes on the form.
- The addition and removal of names from the
Authorized Pick-up list must be done by the parent who registered the
student in Kid Zone.
- If the registering parent indicates that the other
parent is NOT authorized to pick-up, then custody papers MUST be on file
with the school and Kid Zone office.
Kid Zone sites close promptly at 6:00 p.m. Parents will be charged a late
pick-up fee of $1.00 per minute beginning at 6:01 p.m. based upon the site clock. This fee will be applied directly to your Kid Zone account.
Fall 2016-17 Registration
2016-17 Registration Forms
2016-17 Registration Forms will be accepted at Hadley House – Kid Zone office beginning June 1, 2016.
- July 27, 2016 will be District 7 Elementary Registration for the 2016-17 school year. Families are encouraged to enroll for the Kid Zone program during elementary registration held at your child’s building.
This is the ONLY date that registration forms will be accepted at the schools.
- All users, current or new to the program, will need to complete a 2016-17 registration packet.
- Registration paperwork and first week’s payment must be received by 4:00 p.m. on
August 5, 2016 to begin using Kid Zone services on the first day of student attendance (August 16, 2016).
- Please note: Any registrations received after August 5 will be considered pending and will be
assigned a start date based upon space availability.
Registration after August 16, 2016
- Registration paperwork and the first week's payment must be received at Hadley House
by 3:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the week of service.
- No midweek start dates are permitted.
- Registration will only be accepted in person or by mail at the Kid Zone office.
- We will continue to process new 16-17 registrations as space permits.
- Paperwork and payments are not accepted at individual school sites.
- No new users will be accepted after April 27, 2017.
Kid Zone Before and After School Fees
Both AM & PM Service
||$30 per day/per child
Multiple Child Discount Rates
Changes in Service
All enrollment and any service changes are handled through the Kid Zone
- It is the parent's responsibility to notify and
confirm service level changes.
- Please do not submit changes or registration
paperwork to your child’s Elementary school offices and/or individual Kid
All changes to your level of service must be communicated to
the Kid Zone office by 3:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the week the change
Changes in service include
- Adding AM or PM to your original registration
-midweek enrollment or changes are not permitted.
- Temporary suspension of services -parents are
responsible for contacting the Kid Zone office by the Thursday deadline
above to stop service and also to resume services.
- If an ongoing schedule is provided to the Kid Zone
office for a regular schedule of intermittent use, it is the responsibility
of the parent to notify the Kid Zone office of changes or updates.
- Cancellation of services – students will
be withdrawn from the current school year program upon balance
Emergency Changes to PM Dismissal/Pick Up:
Any changes to afternoon dismissal that alters your child’s Kid Zone PM Service must be communicated to the Kid Zone office, as well as to the teacher and school secretary so that the student is directed to the correct location for dismissal (i.e. bus line/parent pickup/Kid Zone line).
Payments are due by Friday of each week of service.
- Billing statements are generated for the week on
Monday and will be sent to the email on file.
- Fees may be paid by check, cash or money order at
the Kid Zone office.
- Weekly fees can also be made via the online system
through auto pay or manual payments.
- Weekly fees will be prorated for weeks including a
If notification is not received regarding a change in service level, suspension, or withdrawal from the program,
parents will continue to be charged until notification is received.
- No credits will be given if notification is not received as staffing and programming costs are based upon each site's enrollment totals.
Outstanding Account Balance:
Failure to reconcile your account or non-payment of your account may result in Kid Zone service being revoked or cancelled.
- Accounts must be at a zero balance to register for a Full Day Session, or to reinstate a suspended/revoked account.
To reinstate suspended services due to non-payment:
- Account must be paid in full
- May be required to enroll in auto pay
- It is expected that all payments will be paid on time upon reinstatement.
Kid Zone Online Account Information
Parents are able to view the billing system directly from the parent portal and use the online system to submit payments via credit card or bank draft. Additionally, parents are also able to set up an auto payment for their weekly account charges.
- All families will have access to view their Kid Zone accounts via the online system parent portal at
- Online accounts are activated after July 1. All paperwork and fees must be received at Hadley House in order for accounts to be activated.
- Once accounts are activated, account information will be sent to the email listed on the paperwork.
- This email will be sent from ezchildtrack.com – be sure to check your SPAM folder if you do not receive this information. Parents will be then prompted to change password information.
- Contact Connie Kerlin at 618-655-6011 if you need your password reset.
- District 7 does not mail tax statements to Kid Zone providers.
- Tax statements can be accessed and printed from the online payment system.
- If you do not utilize the online payment system, please contact the Kid Zone office and a tax statement can be sent via email.
Some families may qualify for child care assistance. Please contact the
Children's Home and Aid Society (CHASI) Child Care Resource and Referral
Assistance Program at 800- 847-6770 for more information.
- It is the responsibility of families to obtain and
submit CHASI paperwork from the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS).
- Parents should bring the CHASI application with
the Kid Zone Registration forms to the Kid Zone office at Hadley House prior
to submission to IDHS.
- Parents are responsible for all Kid Zone fees
until CHASI verification is received.
- Families are responsible for all copayments and
additional Kid Zone fees outside of your approved CHASI payments and/or
approved days. Copayments and approved days are determined by CHASI, not
- Failure to reconcile your account may result in
suspension or cancellation of your child's enrollment.
Full-day child care services are available on most school holidays, and teacher
institute days. A complete list of full day sessions is available
This service will be held at Woodland
Elementary from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Woodland Elementary School
59 State Rte. 157
Registration Process for Full Day Sessions:
- All full day sessions require a separate
registration and have a specific deadline for submission of registration
- There is an additional fee for each full day
- $30/day per child for active Kid Zone users.
- Multiple child discounts are available
- A cancellation deadline is listed with each full
day session. Fees are nonrefundable unless the Kid Zone office is
notified by this deadline.
- Registration forms will be sent to the address on
file on a monthly basis.
- Parents will receive a confirmation email upon
submission of registration forms for each full day session. If you do
not receive a confirmation email, then your child is not enrolled for
that session. It is the parent’s responsibility to confirm form receipt
with the Kid Zone office prior to the cancellation date.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be available for
purchase at regular school menu prices.
- Breakfast and/or lunch charges accrued on Full
Day Sessions will be charged directly to your Kid Zone account.
- Students must arrive before 8:30 a.m. to
- Students must arrive before 10:30 a.m. to
District 7 students who are not actively enrolled and using the Kid Zone
Before and After school services should contact the Kid Zone office for
registration procedures and further information.
- A completed full Kid Zone enrollment packet must
be on file at the Kid Zone office.
- The Full Day Registration Form must be submitted
to the Kid Zone Office at Hadley House by the submission deadline with
the payment of $35 charge per day/per child.
Full Day Cancellation Policy: Reservations must be cancelled by the
date listed to avoid a full day charge. Credits are not issued after the
deadline. This includes absences due to illness or a change in plans. The Kid
Zone office is generally not open on Full Day sessions with the exception of
Full Day Reminders:
- No registrations will be accepted AFTER the
reservation window closes.
- No drop-in services are permitted.
- No payment can be accepted at Woodland
- Accounts that are not in good standing will not
be allowed to register until the balance is paid in full.
Inclement Weather Days
Inclement Weather Days
This service is provided only to students enrolled for Kid Zone services during the current week that the inclement weather day occurs.
In the event that District 7 schools close due to inclement weather, parents will be notified via District 7's automated emergency response system.
All efforts will be made to hold the Kid Zone Inclement Weather sessions, however, if the weather conditions are deemed unsafe for our staff, then the session will be cancelled. Parents will be notified via a second automated message as to the status of the Kid Zone Inclement Weather Sessions.
- Inclement Weather Sessions will be offered from
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- No participants will be accepted after 11 a.m. due to staffing.
- If weather conditions worsen throughout the day, parents will be called to pick up their child prior to 6:00 p.m.
- Woodland Elementary is located at 59 S. State Route 157, Edwardsville.
- The Woodland Kid Zone phone number is 618-655-6969.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase and charged directly to your Kid Zone account.
- Kid Zone fees for the week that an inclement weather day occurs are not prorated. Kid Zone sessions will be offered on the make-up day at the end of the school year. This service is provided
only to students enrolled for Kid Zone services during the current week that the inclement weather day occurs.
- Critical care items, such as Epi-pens or inhalers,
should be provided by parents to the Kid Zone site in the original
container labeled with the child's name and must include the doctor's
orders/instructions. Students are not permitted to keep medication
or critical care items in their backpacks or lockers. Kid Zone staff
does not have access to the School Nurse's office.
- Critical care items in the original container
labeled with the child's name will need to be provided on full-day sessions
by parents and must include the doctor's orders/instruction. These items
will be returned upon pick up on full-day sessions.
Kid Zone students are expected to follow the elementary school building rules
for conduct and behavior. Program staff will work with students to make
positive choices, to promote respect for others, and to encourage
self-discipline by setting expectations and activity guidelines, focusing on
choices, and promoting a child’s self-esteem. Our goal is to help students
resolve conflicts and use self-regulation strategies so that students can have a
positive experience at Kid Zone.
Students are expected to:
Staff will work with the child and family to resolve problems.
Strategies include the use of verbal reminders, 1:1 conference with the
student, and if necessary, a regroup time where the student will be
asked to sit out of the activity. All efforts will be made to give the
student the opportunity to rejoin the activity. Site staff will
communicate with parents verbally and with a Behavior Note when issues
arise during the Kid Zone session.
- Listen and comply with staff directions
- Follow all building and playground rules
- Demonstrate respect for themselves and others
- Keep hands, feet, and unkind comments to themselves
- Conferences with a Site Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Assistant Director, or the Director and/or suspension of service may be required in times of increased or severe issues.
- Parents may also be requested to pick up a child who is disruptive to the flow of the program, or if the behavior results in an unsafe environment.
- If efforts to resolve the situation, or behaviors, are not productive, suspension or withdrawal from the program may result.
- Children may be suspended or withdrawn from the program for the following reasons based upon the Director’s recommendation to the Superintendent:
- Chronic pattern of disruptive behavior
- Behavior that creates an unsafe environment for peers or staff
- Failure to follow program procedures by student or authorized adult
- No credits will be issued for absences due to behavior suspension or dismissal.
District 7 Kid Zone
Edwardsville Community Unit School District 7
708 St. Louis Street P.O. Box 250
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Fax: (618) 692-7423
Kid Zone Director - Lori Compton
Kid Zone Assistant Director - MaryBeth Brown
Kid Zone Business Office - Connie Kerlin
District 7 Full Day Session
- All Full Day Sessions have a separate
registration process and fee.
- Registration forms will be mailed on a monthly basis
prior to each Full Day Session.
- Forms must be submitted by each month’s deadline.
- Participants will receive a confirmation of
registration via email.
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
First Day of Kid Zone 2016-17
Student’s home school site
Friday, October 07, 2016
||FULL DAY: Teacher
Woodland Elementary School
Monday, October 10, 2016
||FULL DAY: Columbus
Friday, November 11, 2016
||FULL DAY: Veterans
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Parent Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Parent Teacher Conferences
Friday, February 17, 2017
||FULL DAY: Teacher
April 10-12, 2017
Thursday, May 18, 2017
||Last Day of Kid
Zone 2016-17* (if no emergency days used)
will be added as needed.
District 7 Kid Zone is closed on the following days, and no child care is
- August 15, 2016 (District 7 Staff Institute)
- September 5, 2016 (Labor Day)
- November 24-25, 2016 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- December 22, 2016 - January 2, 2017 (Winter Holiday)
- January 16, 2017 (Martin Luther King Holiday)
- February 20, 2017 (President’s Day Holiday)
- April 13-14, 2017 (Spring Break Holiday)
- May 29, 2017 (Memorial Day)
[back to top]