District 7 Kid Zone is pleased to provide quality and affordable before and after school programming at nine elementary sites in the Edwardsville Community Unit School District 7, where learning is fun! Our programs provide families with a safe and nurturing place for their children to engage actively in enriching activities during the before and after school hours and on days when school is not in session.
Upcoming Registration Deadlines
November full day registration forms are due Nov. 2. Sessions are offered for Nov. 11, 24, and 25.
October Full Day registration forms are due on October 2
Forms should be submitted to the Kid Zone Office at Hadley House. Forms were mailed to all active Kid Zone users on Friday, September 18, 2015. Please contact Gwen at the Kid Zone office (655-6011) with questions regarding registration for the October dates. A calendar of the 2015-16 full day sessions may be found by following the quick links on the left.
The deadline for 2015-16 Kid Zone registration is August 7, 2015 to start on the first day of school,
August 17, 2015.
Notes and News
Kid Zone offers enrichment-based and recreational programs for students in grades K-5. Our activities are designed to stretch your child's imagination, spark a sense of curiosity and wonder, strengthen social and physical development skills, and create new friendships.
Students are given an opportunity to:
- Engage in activities in a safe and relaxed atmosphere
- Receive homework assistance
- Take part in educational projects, such as arts and crafts, and literacy activities
- Strengthen social skills by participating in fun-filled sports and games
- Participate in hands-on resource activities, such as technology and science projects
- Enjoy a healthy breakfast (available to purchase) and afternoon snack prepared by the District 7 Food Service staff
Hours and Locations
Kid Zone is offered to all K-5 elementary students across District 7. Our primary grades K-2 sites are located at Glen Carbon, Goshen, Nelson, Leclaire, Midway, and Hamel. Our intermediate grades 3-5 sites are located at Cassens, Columbus, and Woodland. Students attending Worden Elementary have the option to utilize either Hamel or Midway based upon their primary residence location.
Kid Zone offers both before and after school beginning with the first day of school and ending on the last day of the school calendar. Students may register for both the AM and PM sessions or for the AM or PM only. Pricing is based upon a flat weekly rate regardless of the number of days attending.
Little Kid Zone is offered to preschool aged students enrolled in the District 7 Preschool Academy for both before, after, or both sessions. The hours for Little Kid Zone are 6:30-9:00 a.m. and/or 3:30-6:00 p.m. and is offered beginning with the first day of school and ending on the last day of the school calendar.
Individual building sites operate the A.M. Session from 6:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and the P.M. Session from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- Albert Cassens Elementary (618) 655-6151
- Columbus Elementary (618) 692-1227
- Goshen Elementary (618) 655-6251
- Glen Carbon Elementary (618) 692-7462
- Hamel Elementary* (618) 692-7464
- Leclaire Elementary (618) 692-7433
- Midway Elementary* (618) 655-6615
- Nelson Elementary (618) 655-6424
- Woodland Elementary** (618) 655-6969
*Hamel and Midway sites provide service for Worden Elementary students
**Woodland site provides service for Full Day sessions and Inclement Weather Sessions
Site phone numbers are available if parents need to reach staff before 7:30 a.m. or after 4:30 p.m. when the school office phone line is closed.
- Program is limited to K-5 students who are enrolled
in District 7 schools
- Little Kid Zone is limited to students enrolled in
- Students must be toilet-trained
- Students must be escorted into and out of the Kid
Zone site by a Parent/Guardian.
- Parents are required to sign in and out on the daily
- Individuals authorized by the Parent/Guardian to
pick up the student must be listed on the Emergency Contact Sheet and be
over the age of 18. Persons not listed will not be allowed to sign out a
child without prior notice to the Kid Zone office.
- Parents must use the designated site entrance to
sign their children in and out of Kid Zone. Kid Zone staff is not
allowed to release children from activity groups, from the playground,
or bring them out to a parent's cars.
- Parents and designated emergency contacts will be
asked to show photo identification when picking up their child.
Sample Daily Schedule
Before School Schedule: Students will have a choice of quiet, table top activities such as board games, cards, LEGOS, reading, drawing/coloring upon arrival. An organized recreational activity will be scheduled each day that may occur either indoor or outdoor depending upon the weather. Breakfast is available for purchase between 8:30-8:45.
After School Schedule: Snack and a drink are provided during the PM session. We encourage all students to participate in the recreation activity before choosing one of the specialized activity stations in the PM session. Activity stations may include science, technology, literacy, social/recreational games, building challenges, or arts/crafts. There is a designated homework time for students. Staff is available to assist as needed with homework, but this time is not to be considered a 1:1 tutoring session.
Fall 2015-16 Registration
To begin Kid Zone services on the first day of student attendance (August 17), registration paperwork must be received by
August 7, 2015 with the first week’s payment.
Any registrations received after August 7 will be assigned a start date based upon space availability.
Registration after August 17
- Registration paperwork and the first week's
payment must be received at Hadley House by 3:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior
to the week of service.
- No midweek start dates are permitted.
- Registration will only be accepted in person or by
mail at the Kid Zone office.
- Paperwork and payments are not accepted at
individual school sites.
Kid Zone Before and After School Fees
Fees include child care, programming materials, afternoon snack, and care on
inclement weather days. Fees are prorated for weeks shortened due to school
holidays and Institute Days.
- Before School care only: $55/week
- After School care only: $55/week
- Both Before and After School care: $80/week
- Full Day Session: $30 per day/per child for regular
Family Discount Weekly Rates
Both AM & PM Service
Changes in Service
All enrollment and any changes are handled through the Kid Zone office. Elementary school offices and individual Kid Zone sites do not complete changes such as enrollment, withdraw, or changes to Kid Zone services.
Any changes to your level of service must be communicated to the Kid Zone office by 3:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the week the change will occur.
- Adding AM or PM to your original registration
-midweek enrollment or changes are not permitted.
- Temporary suspension of services -parents are
responsible for contacting the Kid Zone office by the Thursday deadline
above to stop service and also to resume services.
- Cancellation of services – students will be
withdrawn from the current school year program upon balance reconciliation.
If notification is not received regarding a change in service level, suspension, or withdrawal from the program,
parents will continue to be charged until notification is received. It is the parent's responsibility to confirm service level changes.
No credits will be given if notification is not received as staffing and programming costs are based upon each site's enrollment totals.
- Weekly fees are generated on Monday for the current week.
- Statements will be sent to the email on file.
- All fees must be paid on or before Friday of the billed week.
- Failure to reconcile your account may result in suspension or cancellation of your child's enrollment.
- Weekly fees may be paid by mail or in person at Hadley House by check, cash, money order or via the online payment system.
- Your account must be at a zero balance before adding additional service or to register for a Full Day Session. Weekly rates will be prorated for weeks including a full-day session.
Online Payment and Account System:
All families will have access to view their Kid Zone accounts via the online system parent portal at
- Upon initial registration to the program, account information will be sent to the email listed on the paperwork. This email will be sent from ezchildtrack.com – be sure to check your SPAM folder if you do not receive this information. Parents will be then prompted to change password information.
- Tax statements are available for parents to view and print directly from the parent portal.
- Parents are able to view the billing system directly from the parent portal and use the online system to submit payments via credit card or bank draft. Additionally, parents are also able to set up an auto payment for their weekly account charges.
Late Pick-Up Fee: There will be a $1.00 per minute fee applied to your account if your child is not picked up by 6:00 p.m.
- Kid Zone participants are able to purchase
breakfast through the District 7 Food Service at the daily breakfast
rate. Parents may send cash, check or pay online utilizing the
system which is the same procedure for purchasing school lunch.
- Parents will be asked to mark the Daily Breakfast
sheet upon arrival to Kid Zone A.M. session. Parents will have three
options: Yes, eating breakfast, No, not eating breakfast, or Kid’s Choice.
Some families may qualify for child care assistance. Please contact the
Children's Home and Aid Society (CHASI) Child Care Resource and Referral
Assistance Program at 800- 847-6770 for more information.
- It is the responsibility of families to obtain,
complete, and submit CHASI paperwork.
- Parents are responsible for all charges until
CHASI verification is received.
- Families are responsible for all copayments
and additional Kid Zone fees outside of your approved CHASI payments and/or
approved days. Copayments and approved days are determined by CHASI, not
- Failure to reconcile your account may result in
suspension or cancellation of your child's enrollment.
Full-day child care services are available on most school holidays, and teacher institute days. All full day sessions require a separate registration and have an additional fee attached. Registration forms will be sent to the address on file on a monthly basis. Forms are also available each month at
www.ecusd7.org/kidzone and each session has a deadline for submission.
A complete list of full day sessions is available
The full-day program location is Woodland Elementary from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Woodland Elementary School
59 State Rte. 157
- Breakfast and Lunch will be available for purchase at regular school menu prices. Breakfast and/or lunch charges
accrued on Full Day Sessions will be charged directly to your Kid Zone account.
- Students must arrive before 8:30 a.m. to purchase breakfast.
- If your child will be purchasing lunch, they must arrive before 10:30 a.m.
Enrolled and Regular Attendees:
- $30 charge per day/per child
- A multiple child discount is available for Full Day Sessions.
- A Registration Form must be submitted to the Kid Zone Office at Hadley House by the submission
deadline. Information will be sent to parents.
District 7 students who are not actively enrolled in the Kid Zone Before and After school services:
- $35 charge per day/per child
- Completed registration paperwork must be on file at the Kid Zone office
- A Registration Form and payment must be submitted to the Kid Zone Office at Hadley House by the submission
deadline. Information is available at
Cancellation Policy: Reservations must be cancelled by the date listed to avoid a full day charge. Credits are not issued after the deadline. This includes absences due to illness or a change in plans.
- No registrations will be accepted AFTER the reservation window closes.
- No drop-in services are permitted.
- No payment can be accepted at Woodland Elementary School.
- Accounts that are not in good standing will not be allowed to register until the balance is paid in full.
Inclement Weather Days
This service is provided only to students enrolled for Kid Zone services during the current week that the inclement weather day occurs.
Service will be offered at Woodland Elementary School from 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
In the event that District 7 schools close due to inclement weather, parents will be notified via District 7's automated emergency response system.
Families who were enrolled during the week of inclement weather will not receive a credit; however, these days will be made up at the end of the school year at no additional charge.
Breakfast and/or lunch charges accrued on Inclement Weather Day Sessions will be charged directly to your Kid Zone account.
- Critical care items, such as Epi-pens or inhalers, should be provided by parents to the Kid Zone site in the
original container labeled with the child's name and must include the doctor's orders/instructions. Students are not permitted to keep medication or critical care items in their backpacks or lockers. Kid Zone staff
does not have access to the School Nurse's office.
- Critical care items in the original container labeled with the child's name will need to be provided on full-day sessions by parents and must include the doctor's orders/instruction. These items will be returned upon pick up on full-day sessions.
Kid Zone students are expected to follow the elementary school building rules for conduct and behavior. Program staff will work with students to make positive choices, to promote respect for others, and to encourage self-discipline by setting expectations and activity guidelines, focusing on choices, and promoting a child’s self-esteem. Our goal is to help students resolve conflicts and use self-regulation strategies so that students can have a positive experience at Kid Zone.
Students are expected to:
Staff will work with the child and family to resolve problems. Strategies include the use of verbal reminders, 1:1 conference with the student, and if necessary, a regroup time where the student will be asked to sit out of the activity. All efforts will be made to give the student the opportunity to rejoin the activity. Site staff will communicate with parents verbally and with a Behavior Note when issues arise during the Kid Zone session.
- Listen and comply with staff directions
- Follow all building and playground rules
- Demonstrate respect for themselves and others
- Keep hands, feet, and unkind comments to themselves
Conferences with a Site Coordinator, Program Coordinator, or the Director and/or suspension of service may be required in times of increased or severe issues. Parents may also be requested to pick up a child who is disruptive to the flow of the program, or if the behavior results in an unsafe environment. If efforts to resolve the situation, or behaviors, are not productive, dismissal from the program may be a consequence. No credits will be issued for absences due to behavior suspension or dismissal.
District 7 Kid Zone
Edwardsville Community Unit School District 7
708 St. Louis Street P.O. Box 250
Edwardsville, IL 62025
District 7 Kid Zone Full Day Session Calendar 2015-16
- All Full Day Sessions have a separate registration process and fee.
- Registration forms will be mailed on a monthly basis prior to each Full Day.
- Forms will also be available online at
www.ecusd7.org/kidzone during the month in which the full day session occurs.
- Forms must be submitted by each month’s deadline.
- Participants will receive a confirmation of registration via email.
|Monday, August 17, 2015
First Day of Kid Zone 2015-16
Student’s home school site
|Monday, October 12, 2015
||FULL DAY: Columbus Day
||Woodland Elementary School
|Friday, October 16, 2015
||½ Day Student Attendance
Student must be enrolled for the week of October 12-16 to use service during the extended PM session 12:15-6:00. Lunch available for purchase.
Student’s home school site
|Friday, October 30, 2015
|Woodland Elementary School
59 State Rte. 157
Edwardsville, IL 62025
November 11, 2015
November 24, 2015
Parent Teacher Conferences
November 25, 2015
Parent Teacher Conferences
December 21, 2015
|Winter Zone Full Day Sessions
December 22, 2015
December 23, 2015
January 18, 2016
Martin Luther King Birthday
February 12, 2016
February 15, 2016
|Monday, March 21, 2016
||Spring Zone Full Day Sessions
|Tuesday, March 22, 2016
|Wednesday, March 23, 2016
|Friday, May 20, 2016
||Last Day of Kid Zone 2015-16*
(if no emergency days used)
|Emergency Days will be added as needed.
District 7 Kid Zone is closed on the following days, and no child care is
- September 7, 2015: (Labor Day)
- November 26-27, 2015: (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- December 24, 2015 - January 1, 2016: (Winter Holiday)
- March 24-25, 2016: (Spring Break Holiday)
- May 30, 2016: (Memorial Day)
[back to top]